By: – Jessicah P.
Summer’s officially over, the weather is getting colder and cuffing season is on the horizon. If you’re anything like me, it seems like most of your friends are either in relationships, engaged or pregnant… And then there’s you without a single prospect.
Don’t worry, there’s still time to find your winter or every season bae. Here’s a compilation of tips to lead you to the right person:
- Get out the house – It seems so simple but it can get hard as it gets cold but go out! Go to events that you normally wouldn’t go to. Don’t be afraid to talk to strangers. It’s okay to put yourself out there. I mean, how else do you think you’re going to find bae? It’s not like he’s going to walk through your front door as you binge-watch your favorite T.V. show on Netflix.
- Stick to your standards – Don’t be that person who’s with someone just to be with someone. Don’t settle for just anyone but find someone who genuinely sparks your interest and possesses all of the qualities you like in a significant other. There’s nothing wrong with having a set of standards, just make sure you can reciprocate what you demand.
- Be Open-Minded – So what if she/he doesn’t look like your perfect dream guy/girl. Don’t be afraid to give people a chance, as long as they approach you in a respectful way and seem genuinely interested. Also, don’t be afraid to try new things. It’s 2019… we’re living in a digital world, don’t be afraid to dibble and dabble in the myriad of dating websites out there.
- Trust your intuition – If it doesn’t feel right, let it go. Don’t fall for someone’s potential but actually, fall for their actions and how they treat you. Make sure that you’re receiving the same effort from them that you’re putting in.
- Have fun and Be yourself – Don’t ever think you have to change who you are to fit someone else’s criteria. The right person will appreciate all of you just the way you are. Also, don’t fall under the pressure of taking things too seriously too soon. Enjoy the time it takes to really get to know someone because oftentimes, those are the best times.
If this winter is anything like last winter, it’s going to be a bitterly cold one. It’s not a guarantee that these tips will help you find your cuffing mate, but trust me they will get you out there and make your winter a lot less miserable!